We've moved. Have you followed us?
Update: The Craft Council has now fully transitioned to a Facebook Page. If you were our "Friend" on Facebook and have not yet "Liked" our Page, please do so now to make sure we're still connected online! Only Fans of the page will receive our posts in their online feed. Pages do not have "Friend" options, but the "Like" option makes you a fan, which is really the same thing. Don't delay - click "Like" on our Page to ensure you can see our daily posts!
Previous news post:
Now that we have your attention: changes are coming to the Craft Council's social media networks -- great changes! For the past year, we have been gradually migrating our Facebook activity from our Facebook profile over to our official Facebook Page as of August 31, 2012. After that time, our Facebook profile will no longer be visible or updated. Instead, all of our information, updates, news and pictures will be posted in one main location: our Facebook Page.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
If you are our "Friend" on Facebook, and want to continue to receive our posts and updates, please go to our official Page and simply click "Like" in order to continue following us. (Our Twitter presence and profile will remain the same at @CraftCouncilNL).
We're very much looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you on the Craft Council Facebook Page. We've received tremendous response to our Page so far this year, and can't wait to share more. See you there!
If you'd like to know more about our Profile to Page migration...
BENEFITS OF MOVING TO A FACEBOOK FAN PAGE
In this rapidly changing social media world, it has become necessary to adapt and change from Facebook profile to Facebook Page in order to keep a consistent, highly visible connection with our members, fans, customers, craft lovers and the public.
Here are some of the many reasons we're making this move:
- No more tricky Facebook profiles. Facebook requires you to have an account profile in order to create a page, funnily enough, but this results in having two presences and can be confusing. Even though we've been posting 95% of our material through our Page all year, we want everyone to know where to look for us. Completely moving to a Page will keep everything in one place.
- Fan pages are visible to anyone logged in to facebook, regardless of whether they're a fan or not. This is a great way to show everyone what we're up to and invite new Fans to join in. We like to have an open door and welcome people to our world of fine craft. Fan Pages are visible to unregistered and non-Facebook users as well, making us more accessible. Pages are indexed, which is important for things like reputation management. There's also no need to link your personal Facebook account to us as a "friend". Now, just "like" us to get all of our updates. It provides our followers with more convenience and privacy, too.
- Pages also allow our Fans to post messages or picture messages via Facebook inboxing (e-mail) for things like our photo contests, general inquiries and more. We love it when you share with us!
- Pages have analytics for measuring statistics on visitation, trends and behaviours. When we know what our followers like, we can give them more of it. After all, we want to share fine craft with the world and give our fans plenty of interesting news, tidbits, pictures, videos, apps and more!
- Our special event listings via Facebook can now be linked directly to our Page, which is great for keeping everything in one place and letting our followers RSVP directly to events at our Facebook Page. Don't forget, though, that we have an online events calendar at www.craftcouncil.nl.ca, which is our first and main source of information for Craft Council news, projects and events.