May Day Craft Weekend
On Saturday, May 5th and Sunday, May 6th, connect with craft during a special weekend showcase of some of our City's finest craft studios and shops.
Experience live craft demonstrations. Get involved in the process with hands on activities. Taste test and browse the wonderful wares on display!
Pick up a May Day Passport at a participating location, visit any four (4) or more events during the weekend and collect official May Day stamps to qualify to win a beautiful basket of fine craft (value $200).
At Devon House, we'll have:
- pottery demonstrations by The Clay Studio (12 p.m. and 3 p.m. both days)
- free mini clay kits for the kids (while supplies last)
- a do-it-yourself traditional rughooking activity -- come add your special touch to our 40th Anniversary rug design (all day, both dats)
- the Shop will be having a Super Spring Sale (upstairs in the Gallery) that you won't want to miss.
- Seconds Sale Fundraiser happening at Anna Templeton Centre on Saturday only
- drop off point for May Day Passports -- to win, you'll need to bring your passports (with 4 or more stamps) to the Craft Council Shop before 5 p.m. on Sunday in order to be entered in the May Day Basket prize draw!
Look for Republic flag colours decorating each of the 8 participating locations, pick up a passport at any one of them and start your "tour" to experience craft and culture!
This event is free to the public. All ages welcome.
For full details, including a list of participating locations, events and a downloadable passport, click HERE.