"Capturing Craft" Photo Contest Winners Announced
The judges have chosen four winners from 135 "Capturing Craft" Photo Contest entries from across Newfoundland and Labrador. Congratulations to Hugh "Hoodie" Rowlings (Northern Peninsula), Alice McWhirter (Corner Brook), Shannon Mahon Lutz (Torbay) and Megan Keough (Portugal Cove), who were chosen from the many worthy participants.
We thank each and every person who submitted their photos and shared their love of craft with us! We had photos from Wabush to Witless Bay, reflecting a wide array of provincial craft. To see all the entries, as well as semi-finalists and finalists, click HERE.
Members of the public from across the province are invited to "Capture Craft" in photographs and submit them to the Craft Council for a chance to win!
What better way to beat the winter blues than going on a little photo expedition and possibly winning a prize? It's easy! We'll show you how:
HOW TO ENTER
1. Take out your camera or smart phone and get ready to have some fun! This contest will run from March 20th through March 30th. Contest closes at 4 p.m. on March 30th.
2. Head to your favourite craft shop or studio in Newfoundland or Labrador, or hunt around your home to find your favourite craft item and pose with it! You might even want to take an action shot of yourself or someone you know making a craft hands on (eg. knitting, working with clay, etc). Any of these kinds of shots qualify! The judges are not looking for perfect photography skills - we want to see fun, interesting shots that show off your appreciation of craft. The craft item(s) must be located IN this province to qualify.
3. Submit your photo entry via Facebook, Twitter or E-mail. Be sure to include your name, contact details and a short caption summarizing what's pictured in your photo and why you appreciate craft.
- Facebook Message us by going to our Facebook Page and clicking "Like". To the right, you'll see the "Message" option. Click it to write your message, using the attachment paperclip symbol to include your photo. Click "send" and voila!
- Tweet us your photo at @CraftCouncilNL and include your caption and the hashtag #nlcraft in order to qualify.
- E-mail us at [email protected] with "Capturing Craft Photo Contest" in the subject line.
4. Check HERE daily between March 20th and 30th to see all the qualifying entries featured. Comment on your photo and others' entries, and share the link with your friends. Which ones will the judges pick as our four winners? Prizes will be drawn and announced on our website and Facebook Page on April 2nd.
GUIDELINES & IDEAS
Need some ideas? To see guideline sample entries, visit the Craft Council Facebook Page, where we've posted examples.
It can be a snapshot of your favourite ceramic mug, you modelling your favourite handmade sweater or hat, a picture of you doing something "crafty" (like your Nan knitting socks), a shot taken at a local craft shop or anything showing why you enjoy craft.
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Craft Council reserves the right to publicize all winners and all entrants. All submitted photos will be shared online via the Craft Council’s website and Facebook Page. Photos will become the property of the Craft Council of NL, with shared copyright. Entrants agree by entering this contest that the Craft Council of NL may use photos submitted in any and all promotional materials and elsewhere in Craft Council publications.
- Photo entries submitted without a caption do not qualify.
- Maximum of two (2) entries per person.
- Craft items, craft shops and studios photographed must be located IN Newfoundland and Labrador to qualify. Be sure to ask permission from a craft shop owner or studio before taking a photo on their premises.
- Photos will be accepted March 20th through 30th inclusive. Contest closes 4 p.m. on March 30th.
- Four (4) fine craft prizes must be accepted as presented. No cash substitute.
- Employees and Board Members of the Craft Council are welcome to participate, but are not eligible to win.