Become a Member
Our goal is to support and showcase your work.
The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador works to advance excellence in craft—both for the well-being and prosperity of professional craftspeople and for the cultural and economic benefit of the province as a whole. We provide support by offering training and development programs as well as a range of retail and exhibition projects and opportunities
Since we are a member-run organization, "we" are you—whatever your connection to craft. Our scope encompasses everyone with a professional or deeply held connection to craft; makers and retailers, those who are learning and those who teach, as well as artists, buyers, agents, writers, and like-minded organizations.
Not only is its board of directors elected annually by (and from) the membership, the activities of the Council's full-time staff are shaped by volunteer member committees. This structure provides ongoing and direct links between professional craftspeople and their provincial organization—which represents them in many arenas of activity.
It also gives the organization its character—supportive, active, creative, and welcoming.
We have more than three decades of experience in supporting the craftspeople of this province. The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is a dynamic organization that continues to evolve as the needs of craftspeople—and the world around them—change.
What does membership mean?
- It means you can take advantage of the projects and programs that the Craft Council operates for your benefit (some of our membership services are described in the pages off the left-hand menu)
- It means you can be informed about developments in the craft sector—at home, and at national and international levels.
- It means that you can apply to support programs and benefit from the Craft Council's resources
- It means a stronger voice for craft, and a better craft organization
Join the craft council and you gain...
- a community. We keep you informed about events and professional opportunities through a weekly email bulletin, a bi-monthly print newsletter, and our website. Our own events and exhibitions can put you in touch with craft and colleagues from across the province and country.
- more exposure - and you choose how. Exhibit your work in the gallery? Sell it in the shop or at a fair? Promote your studio in the guide? Take part in special events? All of the above?
- learning opportunities We offer workshops that can be media-specific, design-focused, business-related—or all of these.
- new partners & support. Our affiliations with other groups bring you a range of opportunities and give your voice national scope. We regularly partner with government and its agencies to offer support programs, including a loan fund.
- professional credentials. When your work is successfully juried or wins a Craft Council Award for Excellence, it's a sign of professional achievement and peer recognition of outstanding work.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM -- FOR NEW MEMBERS
RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP -- FOR EXISTING MEMBERS
Renew Your Membership online now by following THESE EASY INSTRUCTIONS.